Asking these questions can help determine if a contractor is the right fit for you and has the appropriate experience to install a solar system:
- Can you provide references from previous customers with similar systems?
- How many similar systems have you installed?
- When would you be able to perform the work?
- How long will the project take?
- What warranties are provided (including workmanship warranty and specific equipment warranties)?
- Have you worked with local building officials and utility representatives when installing similar systems in the past?
- Do you have a Massachusetts-licensed electrician as part of the project team?
- Will you hire subcontractors to complete portions of the project? What firms will you hire and what work will they do?
- What kind of training will you provide me with so that I can operate and maintain my system?
- Do you offer any financing, or third-party ownership options?
- Do you have any financial arrangements with any of the financing option providers you work with and do these include extra charges or fees?
- Will you or a partner company be able to assist me in selling the solar energy credits generated by my system?
We’re In This Together
Pledge to reduce your home’s carbon footprint by replacing old systems and appliances with clean energy technologies over time.